- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and pineapple. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into refrigerator containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Let stand until cooled to room temperature. Top with lids. Refrigerate for 3-4 weeks. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Sort By :
Very tasty and easy to make. Will be keeping this recipe with my favorites. Delicious on toast.
Loved this recipe, it does not use pectin but has a nice consistency. When making a canned sauce like this or other jams and jellies the correct quantity of sugar is key. If you decrease the sugar it will not set up properly. Finding a lower sugar recipe would be best if you find this too sweet.
I made this yesterday and was disappointed. It was way too sweet so would decrease the sugar and it never set up. It will be good as a syrup or ice cream topping. I don't know what could be done to make it gel better.
Sounds really good will have to make it
Strawberry rhubarb anything is just right with me. I think I would eat rhubarb in my morning oat's. This recipe is outstanding.