Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and pineapple. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into refrigerator containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Let stand until cooled to room temperature. Top with lids. Refrigerate for 3-4 weeks. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Jam(6)
Sort By :
Strawberry rhubarb anything is just right with me. I think I would eat rhubarb in my morning oat's. This recipe is outstanding.
over the top
I would like to make this for Christmas gifts. can I freeze this for a few months?
I use twice the pineapple and freeze it. I use it as pancake syrup and ice cream topping
This recipe couldn't be easier and has that special homemade taste. I would definitely recommend it! Even if you have never made jam don't shy away from this one. Makes a beautiful hostess gift, along with some muffins.