Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
This tangy Strawberry Rhubarb Jam recipe is a favorite with my family. They'll put it on almost anything, but especially like it on muffins or buttermilk biscuits. —Deb Kooistra, Kitchener, Ontario
44 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and
- pineapple. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into
- refrigerator containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Let stand until
- cooled to room temperature. Top with lids. Refrigerate for 3-4
- weeks. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 57 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.