Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam Recipe
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine the strawberries, rhubarb and lemon juice; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 6 pints.
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam(7)
Sort By :
I crushed my strawberries and rhubarb together in the food processor. Using the food processor is a big time saver.
Excellent! I didn't process though; just put in the freezer.
I made it with black cherries. It'll change your life.
Made two batches of this jam! After tasting the first one couldn't pass up making another. Prefer this over just strawberry, sets up real nice.
My family loves this Jam. They prefer it to strawberry, even the kids!