Like lots of people, I find myself with an abundance of rhubarb each summer. One year I found this recipe and I've been making it ever since. the sweetness of the strawberries really complements the tart rhubarb.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 10 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 6 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon or lime peel
- In a Dutch oven, crush strawberries. Stir in 4 cups of sugar. Add
- rhubarb and lemon peel. Bring to a full rolling boil over
- medium-high heat; boil 4 minutes. Add remaining sugar; return to a
- full rolling boil. Boil 4 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot jam into hot
- pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims
- and adjust lids. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Yield: 3 pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 101 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.