Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam Recipe
Like lots of people, I find myself with an abundance of rhubarb each summer. One year I found this recipe and I've been making it ever since. the sweetness of the strawberries really complements the tart rhubarb.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 6 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon or lime peel
- In a Dutch oven, crush strawberries. Stir in 4 cups of sugar. Add rhubarb and lemon peel. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat; boil 4 minutes. Add remaining sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil 4 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot jam into hot pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 3 pints.
Originally published as Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p58
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review