- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and pineapple. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into refrigerator containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Let stand until cooled to room temperature. Top with lids. Refrigerate for 3-4 weeks. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Sort By :
"Very tasty and easy to make. Will be keeping this recipe with my favorites. Delicious on toast."
"Loved this recipe, it does not use pectin but has a nice consistency. When making a canned sauce like this or other jams and jellies the correct quantity of sugar is key. If you decrease the sugar it will not set up properly. Finding a lower sugar recipe would be best if you find this too sweet."
"I made this yesterday and was disappointed. It was way too sweet so would decrease the sugar and it never set up. It will be good as a syrup or ice cream topping. I don't know what could be done to make it gel better."
"Sounds really good will have to make it"
"Strawberry rhubarb anything is just right with me. I think I would eat rhubarb in my morning oat's. This recipe is outstanding."