These cool, creamy pops are a deliciously different way to use up the bounty from your rhubarb patch. —Donna Linihan, Moncton, New Brunswick
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is blended and thick. Cool. Set aside 3/4 cup (save the remaining rhubarb for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, applesauce, strawberries, reserved rhubarb mixture and food coloring if desired. Fill molds or cups with about 1/4 cup fruit mixture; top with holders or insert a Popsicle stick into each cup. Freeze. Yield: 8 ice pops.
Originally published as Strawberry-Rhubarb Ice Pops in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p66
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Ice Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review