- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is blended and thick. Cool. Set aside 3/4 cup (save the remaining rhubarb for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, applesauce, strawberries, reserved rhubarb mixture and food coloring if desired. Fill molds or cups with about 1/4 cup fruit mixture; top with holders or insert a Popsicle stick into each cup. Freeze. Yield: 8 ice pops.
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Ice Pops(4)
Sort By :
just the right things in this real cooler of the day ice pop and good for you too!
This recipe was so good! I actually just ended up mixing the extra strawberry yogurt and extra rhubarb and eating it right then...so yummy! The portion is a nice size and I got more than 8 serving out of it. Plus it's a great way to use up some of the rhubarb from the garden. I'll definitely be making it again and I'll probably double it to have more!
I would like to order the Ice-Pops holder that you used in the demistration. Please let us know where to buy them. Thank you.
Easy to make and great flavor. Nice alternative to regular popsicles, just as sweet.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Freeze Pops >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Ice Pops >
- Kids Desserts >
- Rhubarb Recipes >