Strawberry-Rhubarb Ice Pops Recipe
These cool, creamy pops are a deliciously different way to use up the bounty from your rhubarb patch. —Donna Linihan, Moncton, New Brunswick
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is blended and thick. Cool. Set aside 3/4 cup (save the remaining rhubarb for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, applesauce, strawberries, reserved rhubarb mixture and food coloring if desired. Fill molds or cups with about 1/4 cup fruit mixture; top with holders or insert a Popsicle stick into each cup. Freeze. Yield: 8 ice pops.
One ice pop equals 69 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC