Strawberry-Rhubarb Ice Pops
These cool, creamy pops are a deliciously different way to use up the bounty from your rhubarb patch. —Donna Linihan, Moncton, New Brunswick
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until mixture
- is blended and thick. Cool. Set aside 3/4 cup (save the remaining
- rhubarb for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, applesauce, strawberries,
- reserved rhubarb mixture and food coloring if desired. Fill molds or
- cups with about 1/4 cup fruit mixture; top with holders or insert a
- Popsicle stick into each cup. Freeze. Yield: 8 ice pops.
Nutritional Facts: One ice pop equals 69 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.