- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 8 freezer pop molds or 8 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- Place rhubarb, sugar and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thick and blended, 10-15 minutes. Remove 3/4 cup mixture to a bowl; cool completely. (Save remaining rhubarb for another use).
- Add yogurt, applesauce and strawberries to bowl; stir until blended. If desired, tint with food coloring. Fill each mold or cup with about 1/4 cup rhubarb mixture. Top molds with holders; top cups with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 8 pops.
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Ice Pops
"just the right things in this real cooler of the day ice pop and good for you too!"
"This recipe was so good! I actually just ended up mixing the extra strawberry yogurt and extra rhubarb and eating it right then...so yummy! The portion is a nice size and I got more than 8 serving out of it. Plus it's a great way to use up some of the rhubarb from the garden. I'll definitely be making it again and I'll probably double it to have more!"
"I would like to order the Ice-Pops holder that you used in the demistration. Please let us know where to buy them. Thank you."
"Easy to make and great flavor. Nice alternative to regular popsicles, just as sweet."