This wonderful pie is one of my favorite's to serve in the summer. Instead of topping the pie with ice cream, the ice cream is already in the pie!—Connie Fleck, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Recommended: 32 Sweet and Tart Rhubarb Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Spoon ice cream into crust; freeze. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cook rhubarb and sugar, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into saucepan. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Cook 2 more minutes. Cool. Fold in berries; chill. Spread over ice cream. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman March/April 1993, p35
Reviews forStrawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2014
"Very easy to make - my family loved it"
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2012
"this is a sofisticated dish but any child would still love it. its so good!!!!!"