- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Spoon ice cream into crust; freeze. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cook rhubarb and sugar, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into saucepan. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Cook 2 more minutes. Cool. Fold in berries; chill. Spread over ice cream. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman March/April 1993, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2014
"Very easy to make - my family loved it"
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2012
"this is a sofisticated dish but any child would still love it. its so good!!!!!"