Strawberry-Rhubarb Gelatin Recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam or strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Lettuce leaves and mayonnaise, optional
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin powder, sugar and jam; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add pineapple juice. Chill until partially set.
- 2. Stir in apple and nuts if desired. Pour into six 1/2-cup molds or a 1-qt. bowl coated with cooking spray. Chill until set. Unmold onto lettuce leaves if desired and top with a dollop of mayonnaise. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 96 calories, trace fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Gelatin
"My picky husband loves this gelatin salad."