The rosy color and tangy flavor of this favorite salad comes through with every refreshing bite. It's a quick, simple salad and an excellent addition to any meal. Our family and friends look forward to this dish when joining us for dinner on the farm. -Kathy Flowers, Burkesville, Kentucky
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam or strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Lettuce leaves and mayonnaise, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin powder, sugar and jam; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add pineapple juice. Chill until partially set.
- Stir in apple and nuts if desired. Pour into six 1/2-cup molds or a 1-qt. bowl coated with cooking spray. Chill until set. Unmold onto lettuce leaves if desired and top with a dollop of mayonnaise. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Rhubarb Gelatin in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p39
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"My picky husband loves this gelatin salad."