Strawberry Rhubarb Gelatin
Rhubarb lends a hint of natural tartness to this sweet salad shared by Opal Schmidt of Battle Creek, Iowa. As a fruity side dish, its vibrant color is sure to add eye-opening appeal to almost any meal.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the rhubarb is softened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into a
- bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until partially set. Fold in
- whipped topping. Chill until firm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 262 calories, 5 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.