Strawberry-Rhubarb Gelatin Recipe
The rosy color and tangy flavor of this favorite salad comes through with every refreshing bite. It's a quick, simple salad and an excellent addition to any meal. Our family and friends look forward to this dish when joining us for dinner on the farm. -Kathy Flowers, Burkesville, Kentucky
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam or strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Lettuce leaves and mayonnaise, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin powder, sugar and jam; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add pineapple juice. Chill until partially set.
- Stir in apple and nuts if desired. Pour into six 1/2-cup molds or a 1-qt. bowl coated with cooking spray. Chill until set. Unmold onto lettuce leaves if desired and top with a dollop of mayonnaise. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Rhubarb Gelatin in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p39
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"My picky husband loves this gelatin salad."