Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in the oats. Press half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with rhubarb.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with gelatin powder. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and topping is golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch(4)
Sort By :
This is a wonderful recipe to use up excess rhubarb! It has just the right amount of sweetness and tartness with the crunchy topping. Recipe can be cut in half, and it still turns out great!
This is a delicious dessert,excellect for a pot luck
Everyone loves this at the potluck! Adults and kids alike!
This is just the best rhubarb receipe I've ever had. My daughter-in-law says she wants this instead of a birthday cake!