- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in the oats. Press half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with rhubarb.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with gelatin powder. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and topping is golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch
Sort By :
"It's in the oven... Smells delicious. I did make a few changes as I had 7 cups of rhubarb. Added 3 T. cornstarch; 1 1/2 cup water; 1 1/2 cup sugar; 2 pkg. gelatin; 1 1/2 t. vanilla. 1 quart of quartered fresh strawberries. I also sprinkled the gelatin over the fruit- then poured the cooked cornstarch, sugar and water on top. Then added the oatmeal topping. This recipe gave me such a good base. I just improvised because of the extra rhubarb I didn't want to waste and the added strawberries... Hope I can report a delicious outcome! Fours stars for now... Maybe five when we have it for dinner tonight."
"This is a wonderful recipe to use up excess rhubarb! It has just the right amount of sweetness and tartness with the crunchy topping. Recipe can be cut in half, and it still turns out great!"
"This is a delicious dessert,excellect for a pot luck"
"Everyone loves this at the potluck! Adults and kids alike!"
"This is just the best rhubarb receipe I've ever had. My daughter-in-law says she wants this instead of a birthday cake!"