“I'm a 14 year-old with Celiac Disease. It's hard to find desserts I can eat, so I created this healthy and gluten-free recipe,” says Mikhala Stutzman of Granger, Iowa. “Splenda adds sweetness without calories in this great, low-calorie dessert anyone can enjoy!”
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown rice flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup gluten-free cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cold reduced-fat butter
- In a small bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, 1 tablespoon rice flour and cinnamon. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining rice flour, cornflakes, brown sugar and vanilla; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p35
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review