- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 pound rhubarb rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, or sliced frozen rhubarb (about 3 cups)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Beat in the sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Gently stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Pour into pastry shell.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry/Rhubarb Crumb Pie
"This was SO delicious!! This will be my 'go to' for a rhubarb recipe! It was a little runny but we didn't care since it was so tasty but maybe I'll try a little cornstarch next time or maybe a little more flour? Either way you can't go wrong with the taste! Loved it!!!"
"Made per the recipe and I wish I had read the reviews first. This does need some cornstarch. I will add it next time as I will definitely be making this again!"
"Very soupy. Need to put some cornstarch in it the next time."
"Made it with cornstarch in the filling and loved it!!!"
"I'm definitely going to make this again only with a little cornstarch in the filling to thicken it up a bit. It was pretty runny and made the crust a bit soggy but overall pretty good."