A friend gave me this recipe a long time ago. It’s rich and creamy yet refreshing. I make this often in early summer when rhubarb is readily available.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 2 tablespoons sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries and remaining sugar in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Stir into rhubarb mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into two parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Cream in Reminisce June/July 2007, p50
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review