- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 2 tablespoons sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries and remaining sugar in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Stir into rhubarb mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into two parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Cream
"Agree with the other reviews - a wonderful, light summertime dessert."
"Wow, excellent dessert!! Thank you for sharing!"
"Loved this dessert. It was light and delicious after a meal. Will definitely be making this again."
"My friends were impressed with the cream dessert and really liked it."
"This is delicious and a good low carb treat. Will be making this often. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"Light and tasty"
"easy and delicious!"
"sounds soo good i'm going to try it"
"My family always makes this with raspberries and we devour it. We call it Raspberry Fool. I can't wait to try this as I much prefer strawberry rhubarb to raspberry, however, I must call it Strawberry Rhubarb Fool."