Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 2 tablespoons sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries and remaining sugar in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Stir into rhubarb mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into two parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Cream(17)
Sort By :
I lovrd this. I doubled the recipe and also used cool whip.
i absolutely love this recipe! its also good with cinnamon sugar cookies
I normally don't care for anything rhubarb, but my husband does. I really like this recipe and will make it again!!
Quite honestly, only got as far as the combination of the fruits (suddenly realized we had no more cream in the fridge!!). Anyway, we really enjoyed what we did have over vanilla ice cream so much that I made a double batch of the "sauce" later --mmmmmmm!
OK, so I modified a bit. Maybe a lot. I pureed the rhubarb with a little bit of sugar, blended it into homeade whipped cream, and used it as a topping for fresh strawberry shortcake. It was an instant hit! My crew loves strawberry rhubarb pie, and this had all the great, fresh taste without the heat of the oven!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >