Strawberry Rhubarb Cream
A friend gave me this recipe a long time ago. It’s rich and creamy yet refreshing. I make this often in early summer when rhubarb is readily available.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 2 tablespoons sugar and
- water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl;
- cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries and remaining sugar in a food processor; cover and
- process until pureed. Stir into rhubarb mixture. Fold in whipped
- cream. Spoon into two parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Cover and
- refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with additional berries if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 148 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.