Strawberry-Rhubarb Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- Additional brown sugar, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans, butter and sugar. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in rhubarb until combined. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Stir in strawberries.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream. Spread over crust; top with rhubarb mixture. Spread with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Garnish with additional brown sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 577 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Cream Dessert
"I have made this twice and everyone loves it........be sure to bring the recipe with you!!"
"I have made this recipe several times. It is without a doubt my absolute favorite dessert."
"This has got to be one of our favorites!!!!Thanks for sharing..."
"I feel the topping really takes away from the rhubarb flavor. I prefer having the rhubarb as the strongest."
"I love trying new rhubarb recipes and this was a super easy and very delicious one. My whole family loved it and requested I make again!!!"
"I've made this a few times,,, and always get good reviews and requests for the recipe....Thanks,,, I love it!!!"
"Simply Delicious !I made this dessert for my husband's co-workers and they raved about it ! Some of the guys didn't even know what rhubarb is !! Now it's their favourite !Heather from Huntington Beach, Ca"
"I tried this recipe and took some to my mom and some neighbors. Everyone loved it as did my husband and me.Munchcrunch"
"just made this today had it for dinner tonite all thought it was goodi can make it again theu said well make it for the volunteer hosp lunchen next weekthanks"