- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- Additional brown sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans, butter and sugar. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in rhubarb until combined. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Stir in strawberries.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream. Spread over crust; top with rhubarb mixture. Spread with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Garnish with additional brown sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Cream Dessert
Sort By :
"I have made this twice and everyone loves it........be sure to bring the recipe with you!!"
"I have made this recipe several times. It is without a doubt my absolute favorite dessert."
"This has got to be one of our favorites!!!!Thanks for sharing..."
"I feel the topping really takes away from the rhubarb flavor. I prefer having the rhubarb as the strongest."
"I love trying new rhubarb recipes and this was a super easy and very delicious one. My whole family loved it and requested I make again!!!"