Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
This quick compote will be a hit for your family. I love to add it to ice cream.—Fay Bellgardt, Montrose, Colorado
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 12 stalks)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, water and sugar. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until rhubarb
- is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in strawberries and ginger.
- Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6 cups.