This ruby red cobbler has an old-fashioned look and flavor that can’t be beat. Tender golden brown biscuits top the thick filling that’s loaded with fruit. —Sabrina Musk, Caledonia, Michigan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- Additional sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add rhubarb and strawberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto fruit. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p29
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review