Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler Recipe
This ruby red cobbler has an old-fashioned look and flavor that can’t be beat. Tender golden brown biscuits top the thick filling that’s loaded with fruit. —Sabrina Musk, Caledonia, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add rhubarb and strawberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto fruit. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC