Strawberry-Rhubarb Applesauce Recipe
The slightly sweet, slightly tart flavors of fresh rhubarb, strawberries—and a hint of citrus—shine through in every bite of this springtime spin on traditional applesauce.—Samantha Shupe, Ogden, Utah
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. Combine apples and water in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the rhubarb, strawberries, orange juice, sugar and orange peel.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until desired consistency. Yield: 4 cups.
1/2 cup: 115 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Applesauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC