From Litchfield, Connecticut, Helen Ward O'Key writes, "I cook the old-fashioned way, using locally grown berries and garden rhubarb for this favorite."
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whole fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil; remove from the heat. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved; cool. Stir in sliced strawberries; chill until it begins to thicken.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold half into rhubarb mixture. Pour into crust. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and whole strawberries. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p67
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review