Whenever my husband grills chicken, we like to put a few tablespoons of this strawberry relish over the top. We've served it for company and are always asked for the recipe. —Pat Gardetta, Osage Beach, Missouri
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 medium tart apple, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir brown sugar and water for 5 minutes. Add vinegar and apple; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the jalapeno, ginger, garlic, cilantro, salt, cinnamon, cloves and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until apple is tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; add 1 cup strawberries. Cover and process until blended. Chop remaining strawberries; stir into relish. Serve with your favorite grilled meats. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Strawberry Relish in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p73
Reviews for Strawberry Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review