- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 medium tart apple, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir brown sugar and water for 5 minutes. Add vinegar and apple; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the jalapeno, ginger, garlic, cilantro, salt, cinnamon, cloves and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until apple is tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; add 1 cup strawberries. Cover and process until blended. Chop remaining strawberries; stir into relish. Serve with your favorite grilled meats. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Strawberry Relish
"This recipe is fantastic on grilled chicken. We made a big batch this summer and shared it with my mother and sis-in-law!"
"This was fabulous. Grilled chicken breast with simply salt and pepper served over a bed of spinach with chopped walnuts and crumbled blue cheese. No dressing needed this relish did the trick."