A fantastic finale to any meal, this tantalizing trifle helped Patricia Schroedl finish first in a local competition. "It took top prize in the low-fat category of our Wisconsin Strawberry Festival recipe contest," she notes from her home in Jefferson.
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 whole strawberries, quartered
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 3-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl. Top with a third of the pudding, 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1-1/2 cups raspberries and a third of the whipped topping. Layer with a third of the cake and pudding, 1 cup strawberries and a third of the whipped topping.
- Top with remaining cake, pudding, strawberries, raspberries and whipped topping. Garnish with quartered strawberries. Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Raspberry Trifle in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p56
Reviews for Strawberry Raspberry Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review