Strawberry Raspberry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh raspberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; stir in corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and vanilla until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Add the raspberries, gently stir to coat. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 371 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.