- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; stir in corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and vanilla until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Add the raspberries, gently stir to coat. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Raspberry Pie
"Great and refreshing on a hot day, however, I changed it a little. I used the pie crust, then I whipped 8oz. cream cheese, 1C cool whip, and 1C confectioners sugar and spread on top of the crust after it was cooled. Then I made up the berries according to this recipe and put on top. My husband LOVED it! Will be my go to for raspberry pie in the summer."
"This is definitely a keeper! We have an abundance of raspberries during the summer and I used this recipe often. I just use a regular pie crust but after reading the other reviews I think I will try the crust in the recipe. I am impressed that it slices perfect every time and holds its shape. Love the flavor as well... Good recipe over all! :)"
"Wonderful crust...tastes like you spent forecer making it. Don't substitute the crust..it is what makes this pie."
"Excellent recipe. The crust is really good, tastes like a shortbread cookie."
"Re: Fresh Raspberry pie.I made this pie using strawberries instead of raspberries. It was a hit at a Father's Day gathering. I topped the pie with whipped cream flavored with 2 tablespoons of strawberry gelation powder and 1/2 tsp of strawberry extract. It made a beautiful pink contrast to the red berries and white crust. I will definitely make it again when raspberries come in season.armijo1212"
"THE VERY BEST pie EVER!! The first time I made this pie, I was blown away! It is by far the most delicious, gorgeous pie that always receives WOW's from guests. It also makes up great into a strawberry pie with no recipe changes. I thank Kaye everytime I make it. You are a peach for sharing this recipe."