Strawberry-Raspberry Ice Recipe
“This is so refreshing on a sunny day.” The bright color and flavor of this icy treat will lure everyone right to it! Sandra Sakaitis - St. Louis, MO
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, partially thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Fresh raspberries and lime wedges, optional
- 1. Place the strawberries, raspberries, sugar and juices in a blender. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 1 hour or until edges begin to firm.
- 2. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Garnish each serving with raspberries and lime wedges if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 118 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC