Strawberry-Raspberry Ice Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, partially thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Fresh raspberries and lime wedges, optional
- 1. Place the strawberries, raspberries, sugar and juices in a blender. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 1 hour or until edges begin to firm.
- 2. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Garnish each serving with raspberries and lime wedges if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup: 118 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fruit
Reviews for Strawberry-Raspberry Ice
"This is a special summer treat I'd like everyone to try out."
"Going to try this - but use Stevia - Dietician in my cardiologist's office convinced me of the hazards of all chemical sweeteners, including Splenda. Wife and I both gave up all artificially sweetened foods/soda. Have lost more than 50# each in last 14 months with this the primary change in our diet."
"I would like to make this with Splenda in place of the sugar - I will post to say how it turned out. I will also try using unsweetened strawberries."
"Absolutely delicious! Especially nice treat for summertime. Note that I have made this with 2 cups of unsweetened frozen strawberries from our garden (instead of sweetened frozen ones), and it tasted just great! I have made this recipe quite a few times, and my husband (a big chocolate fan) is suprised by how much he enjoys it."