- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, partially thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Fresh raspberries and lime wedges, optional
- Place the strawberries, raspberries, sugar and juices in a blender. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 1 hour or until edges begin to firm.
- Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Garnish each serving with raspberries and lime wedges if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Strawberry-Raspberry Ice
Sort By :
This is a special summer treat I'd like everyone to try out.
Going to try this - but use Stevia - Dietician in my cardiologist's office convinced me of the hazards of all chemical sweeteners, including Splenda. Wife and I both gave up all artificially sweetened foods/soda. Have lost more than 50# each in last 14 months with this the primary change in our diet.
I would like to make this with Splenda in place of the sugar - I will post to say how it turned out. I will also try using unsweetened strawberries.
Absolutely delicious! Especially nice treat for summertime. Note that I have made this with 2 cups of unsweetened frozen strawberries from our garden (instead of sweetened frozen ones), and it tasted just great! I have made this recipe quite a few times, and my husband (a big chocolate fan) is suprised by how much he enjoys it.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >