Strawberry Puff Pastry Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Strawberry syrup, optional
- 1. Thaw one puff pastry sheet (save remaining sheet for another use). Unfold pastry; cut lengthwise into three 3-in.-wide strips. Cut each strip into thirds, making nine squares.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Place 2-1/2 cups strawberries in a blender; cover and puree; set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add cream cheese and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in the confectioners' sugar and malted milk powder until smooth. Stir in the puree. Fold in whipped cream.
- 4. Split pastry squares in half horizontally. Line an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish with bottom pastry halves, cut side up; spread with 3-1/2 cups strawberry cream. Top with 1 cup of sliced berries. Cover with pastry tops, cut side down.
- 5. Spread with remaining strawberry cream. Sprinkle with remaining berries. Drizzle with strawberry syrup if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 432 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry Puff Pastry Dessert
"I agree it was a little soft. I incorporated gelatin-ed cream and it firmed up just nicely. At the restaurant ,we are making this per order, after puff and cream have been assembled."
"So light & cool, perfect for summer."
"The filling is delicious, although mine turned out very soft--it didn't keep its shape even after being refrigerated for several hours. I agree with xicota, next time I will make less filling and make individual pastries. Overall, a great dessert!"
"I have made this many times. It was a favorite of our exchange stude.nt when she lived with us. I do add more pastry and like it better this way"
"The flavor of the prepared filling is delicious---very rich! I do agree with Kchandler3125 that I'd prefer more pastry in this recipe. I thought I measured the strawberries for the puree fairly accurately, but I found that the filling turned out a bit too soft. I think that when I make this again, I'll make about half of the filling recipe and place some filling only between the split halves of the pastry, and serve it on the idea of a Napoleon dessert."
"This is wonderful, although I think I would use extra pastry next time. My son absolutely loved it."