Strawberry Puff Pastry Dessert Recipe
My failed attempt to make a triple-layer strawberry malt mouse resulted in this scrumptious dessert. I don't use puff pastry often, but it was simple to work with. My husband declared it one of the best desserts ever.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Strawberry syrup, optional
- 1. Thaw one puff pastry sheet (save remaining sheet for another use). Unfold pastry; cut lengthwise into three 3-in.-wide strips. Cut each strip into thirds, making nine squares.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Place 2-1/2 cups strawberries in a blender; cover and puree; set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add cream cheese and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in the confectioners' sugar and malted milk powder until smooth. Stir in the puree. Fold in whipped cream.
- 4. Split pastry squares in half horizontally. Line an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish with bottom pastry halves, cut side up; spread with 3-1/2 cups strawberry cream. Top with 1 cup of sliced berries. Cover with pastry tops, cut side down.
- 5. Spread with remaining strawberry cream. Sprinkle with remaining berries. Drizzle with strawberry syrup if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 432 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Puff Pastry Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC