Strawberry Puff Pancake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla. In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt and cinnamon; whisk into egg mixture until blended.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; add strawberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Coarsely mash strawberries. Serve with pancake. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Puff Pancake(10)
Sort By :
I prepared this for my husband and I when we wanted a really nice breakfast and it was a winner - I added a few fresh strawberries to the top and with the dusting of powdered sugar it was to die for -a real warmer
Don't know why the stars didn't show up with my review.
This was way too thick for a 9 inch pie plate. Perhaps a 10 inch would work better, but even after cooking it longer than stated this was still gooey and tasted under-done.
This puff pancake was a hit when I made it. It was buttery and fluffy, with a nice sweetness added with the strawberries. A nice alternative to the traditional pancake.
This has become a favorite in our house. We've used canned fruit, frozen fruit, etc. We love it.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >