“I’ve cut this recipe to 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk for my husband and me, and it works just fine. It’s yummy with strawberry or blueberry topping. You could even garnish it with whipped topping for a light dessert.” —Brenda Morton, Hale Center, Texas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla. In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt and cinnamon; whisk into egg mixture until blended.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; add strawberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Coarsely mash strawberries. Serve with pancake. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Puff Pancake in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p33
Reviews for Strawberry Puff Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review