Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe
I love the sweet-salty flavor of this pretty layered dessert. Sliced strawberries and gelatin top a smooth cream cheese filling and crispy pretzel crust. I think it's best when eaten within a day of being made. -Wendy Weaver Leetonia, Ohio
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom of two 10-oz. greased custard cups. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in strawberries. Carefully spoon over filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pretzel Dessert in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p31
Reviews for Strawberry Pretzel Dessert(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2013
THS IS MY GRANDSONS FAVORITE DESSERT, I MAKE THIS ONCE A MONTH, EVERYONE LOVES IT.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Pretzel Dessert >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >
- Strawberry Jello Desserts >