- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
"I've enjoyed this dessert before, and wanted to try to make it myself. I think the numbers here are a bit off. As recommended in the comments, I used a larger dish. There is a problem with the amount of pretzels used. The cream cheese layer is delicious and super sweet and very, very thin (and would be just very thin in the smaller pan.) It would also make a good dip for fresh berries. Speaking of berries, 32 ounces of frozen strawberries??? I think that might be a mistake too. I'm not pleased with this outcome, and hope I have time to shop and redo it before the picnic tomorrow."
"Favorite in our householdI use the 11x7"
"I have made this recipe for over 25 years. I make it upside down. I was tired of soggy pretzels on the bottom if the Cool Whip layer was not sealed precisely. I also liked to take this to school pot lucks in a disposable pan (the sides of the aluminum pan are never smooth) .I put the jello/strawberry combo in the bottom of the pan and let that set up firm. Then I spread the Cool Whip layer. I put the pretzels on right before serving to ensure they stay crunchy. If you want, you can leave the pretzels on the side in case someone does not like pretzels."
"This is a family favorite. I find the saltiest pretzels to use because the sweet/salty is such a great combination."