- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Sort By :
"This recipe was very delicious except....the jello ran down the sides of the filling and sogitized (made soggy) the pretzel crust. I think next time, I'll skip the gelatin and use a cooked concoction of berries and cornstarch. And yes, the 9x13 dish is too large in my opinion."
"I make this several times a year and love it. I always make this when I go to pot-luck dinners. Unfortunately for me I take home an empty pan; no left overs.I have one problem with it. Whenever I make it, and I follow the directions exactly, the jello always slides off the filling on people's plates. What can I do so it stays together on someone's plate? It doesn't bother me but it has bothered those around me."
"We have made this for years. Love it with raspberry gelatin and tangy raspberries as well."
"Love the salty and sweet together."
"The recipe list would probably be better suited for a 9x9 pan. With the ingredients on this list, I got a very thin filling layer that took work to spread without pulling up the pretzels after they were baked."