- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
"This is a family favorite. I find the saltiest pretzels to use because the sweet/salty is such a great combination."
"One of my favorite dishes that I feel is always good. I took the suggestions of using a smaller dish and put it in 11 x 9 dish (one reason, was because I used my bigger dishes for other things). It was full! I ended up spilling the jello on the way to the fridge (partly because I don't think it was set enough before hand). I used fresh strawberries instead of frozen. I suggest making sure you leave ample time between steps so layers have time to set."
"I make this recipe out of a local recipe book that uses raspberries instead of strawberries. I'm hungry for strawberries so gonna use them instead (making this for our family lunch tomorrow). I always double the pretzels because that's the best part. But I don't double the butter. This recipe is AWESOME!"
"Best desert ever! I used fresh strawberries and it tasted amazing. Ever time I make it it's gone in minutes. It's always a request for any gathering I go to."