- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Sort By :
"Summertime at its best! My elderly neighbor I grew up beside gave me this recipe years ago. The only thing I do differently is use fresh strawberries. YUM!"
"A family favorite. Made it for Christmas and hoped for left overs.......there were none!! Good any time of year for any occasion."
"Very Good :o)Perfect combo of sweet & saltyI would reccomend putting the pretzels in a blender or food processor and "pulsing" them a few times it is quicker and easier than putting them in a bag and pounding them ! Also I used fresh strawberries ... YUM"
"Perfect combo of sweet & salty ...so good :o)I used fresh strawberries instead of frozen."
"This is one of our favorite recipes. I always make it for Easter and this year my 6 year granddaughter went crazy for it! Love it everyone should try it !"