- the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with
- buttermilk and mix well. Stir in the pecans, chopped strawberries
- and extracts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to
- a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and reserved strawberry juice.
- Add the sliced strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1
- minute. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Brush some of the
- sauce over the warm cake. Serve cake with remaining sauce. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.