Moist, juicy and just right for warm summer evenings, these strawberry-topped pork chops from our Test Kitchen are everyday-easy but special enough to serve guests. The blend of rosemary and berry vinaigrette adds a fruity freshness.
- 3/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (1/4-inch slices)
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette, onion, brown sugar, paprika and Worcestershire sauce; set aside. Combine rosemary and pepper; rub over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Pour vinaigrette mixture over meat; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until pork juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Add strawberries to the cooking juices and toss to coat; serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p45
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Strawberry Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review