Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
In the wonderful world of vinegars, strawberry is the new raspberry, giving you a fresh way to put those ruby-red gems to good use. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Orange Vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process
- until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady
- stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 108 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.