- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon peel. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. springform pan; spread batter slightly up sides of pan, forming a well. Combine filling ingredients; spoon into the well. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Poppy Seed Cake
Sort By :
This was ok, not something I would make again. Didn't care for the strawberries after being baked.
It was very good and fairly easy to make but I made it twice and neither time could I get the center done. The second time I cooked it about 50 minutes at 375 degrees and the center was still a bit underdone. Wondered if anyone else had this problem. I thought the next time I would bake the batter about 20 minutes and then put the strawberry mix on and finish baking then.
I made the cake... the outside was more than done in the 35 minutes but the middle was totally raw... ick!
This cake is delicious!!! I made it with a three berry mix as I didn't have strawberries on hand. I will have to try it with the strawberries as well. The cake itself it great alone. I will be making this again. Oh, I did serve it with frozen vanilla yougut, PERFECT!