Strawberry Popovers Recipe
these tender popovers "pop up" nicely in the oven and hold a delicate cream filling dotted with fresh chopped strawberries. If you don't have a popover pan on hand, you might try muffin cups.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 4-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberries. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Using 1/2 teaspoon shortening for each cup, grease the bottom and sides of nine popover cups. In a small bowl, beat eggs; beat in milk. Add the flour, sugar and salt; beat until smooth (do not overbeat). Fill prepared cups half full.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15 minutes longer or until very firm.
- Immediately cut a slit in the top of each popover to allow steam to escape. Spoon strawberry filling into popovers. Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Popovers in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p31
Reviews for Strawberry Popovers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review