Strawberry Popcorn Recipe
I love to make this slightly sweet snack because there's really nothing like it. The dehydrated strawberries processed with sugar make a pretty-in-pink coating that would be perfect for wedding or baby showers. —Eden Dranger, Los Angeles, California
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Place strawberries and sugar in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground. Transfer to a small bowl, add salt; set aside.
- 2. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook popcorn kernels and oil until oil begins to sizzle. Cover and shake for 2-3 minutes or until popcorn stops popping.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Add strawberry mixture and toss to coat. Continue spritzing and tossing until popcorn is coated. Yield: 4 quarts.
Reviews for Strawberry Popcorn
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2015
"I made this for a child's birthday party that had a circus theme. Everyone, adults too, really liked it. Even asked how did I made it."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC