I love to make this slightly sweet snack because there's really nothing like it. The dehydrated strawberries processed with sugar make a pretty-in-pink coating that would be perfect for wedding or baby showers. —Eden Dranger, Los Angeles, California
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Place strawberries and sugar in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground. Transfer to a small bowl, add salt; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook popcorn kernels and oil until oil begins to sizzle. Cover and shake for 2-3 minutes or until popcorn stops popping.
- Transfer to a large bowl; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Add strawberry mixture and toss to coat. Continue spritzing and tossing until popcorn is coated. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Strawberry Popcorn in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p200
Reviews for Strawberry Popcorn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review