I love to make this slightly sweet snack because there's really nothing like it. The dehydrated strawberries processed with sugar make a pretty-in-pink coating that would be perfect for wedding or baby showers. —Eden Dranger, Los Angeles, California
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Place strawberries and sugar in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground. Transfer to a small bowl, add salt; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook popcorn kernels and oil until oil begins to sizzle. Cover and shake for 2-3 minutes or until popcorn stops popping.
- Transfer to a large bowl; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Add strawberry mixture and toss to coat. Continue spritzing and tossing until popcorn is coated. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Strawberry Popcorn in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013 , p200
Reviews forStrawberry Popcorn
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2015
"I made this for a child's birthday party that had a circus theme. Everyone, adults too, really liked it. Even asked how did I made it."