- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange sliced strawberries on top.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and crushed berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Spoon over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Strawberry Pizza
Sort By :
Will TOTALLY make this again!!! My little girl asks for this constantly!!! We loved it! SOOO yummy!!!! Easy too!!!
Great recipe, love the homemade crust. When short on time I use a roll of sugar cookie dough instead, also use parchment paper to get off pan easier!
Strawberry pizza is so good, my family makes it any time we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box, as it's one we make any time we're doing a special event.
This is amazing! My mother swore on her recipe...and this one beat it! My kids LOVE it! Would not change ONE thing!!!! Not an expert cook, and followed the recipe as well as I could...easy and turned out perfect!!!! Even my husband who is not fond of anything like this, came home, took a bite, then fixed himself a huge piece before bed, and now noticing he had some for breakfast too!
This recipe rocks! I took it too my friend`s BBQ last summer. Everybody loved it - even my friend`s husband who doesn`t like dessert. It is easy to make and if you arrrange it propperly, it can be quite beautiful. I will definitel be making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >