Strawberry Pizza Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange sliced strawberries on top.
- 5. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and crushed berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Spoon over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 238 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Pizza
"Great recipe, love the homemade crust. When short on time I use a roll of sugar cookie dough instead, also use parchment paper to get off pan easier!"
"Strawberry pizza is so good, my family makes it any time we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box, as it's one we make any time we're doing a special event."
"This recipe rocks! I took it too my friend`s BBQ last summer. Everybody loved it - even my friend`s husband who doesn`t like dessert. It is easy to make and if you arrrange it propperly, it can be quite beautiful. I will definitel be making this again!Kara L."
"When I take this to potlucks, I make two and they disappear fast. Delicious!!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.